The Hellenic-American Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals (HACCYP) was established in 2007 as a networking and business mentorship outlet for Greeks and Cypriots under 35. Currently directed by Sofia D’Alessandro, under the advisory of former Director George Zapantis and HACC Executive Director Aspa Bitis , the HACCYP host regular after-work Cocktail Networking Receptions at various venues throughout New York City. The events are held to foster professional and social relationships among our young professionals. The HACC Young Professionals also host a Speaker Series created to provide valuable insight into the various represented professions of the Chamber.
Events are focused on the following three areas of interest.
- Participating in the committee and in the general activities of the HACC to further one’s professional potential network and skills through mentorship programs, , networking events (such as industry-specific roundtable discussions), internships and resume building.
- Interacting with members of HACC in order to present business ideas and gain access to resources and tools..
- Exploring secondary education opportunities with senior members of the Chamber. Creating connections for those in technical fields such as science, engineering, medicine, law etc.
- Planning and attending community events with socioeconomic focus
- Organizing charity and fundraising events for local communities, (e.g. walkathons, concerts)
- Volunteering space, time, recourses and ideas for HACC activities.
- Linguistic events
- Museum and historical exhibitions, visits and guided tours
- Hospitality and Food
Young Professional Member Benefits
- Free or reduced-price access to all HACC events
- Special Friends and Family perks and discounts at businesses partnered with the HACC (membership card coming soon)
- One on one advisory and consulting with senior members
- Access to the professional’s directory and business partnership directory
- Social Media Promotion of YP Member’s your start-up business twice a year
- Promote business through HACC quarterly Newsletter
- And of course, free cheese and wine whenever we can get our hands on it…